There are several life insurances schemes under the Postal Life Insurance Scheme. One of the most popular life insurance plans is the Whole Life assurance plan RPLI. The gram Suraksha scheme is a whole life assurance plan, which offers a minimum assured sum of Rs 10,000. To avail of the Gram Suraksha plan post office benefits, one needs to fulfill some eligibility criteria. These insurance schemes are backed by the government, which gives one of the highest returns in the country. It is all done to lure the people of rural India to get life insurance for their families.
RPLI gram Suraksha policy allows transferring this policy to anywhere in India and to any of the post offices. Policyholders can save tax money with such schemes. Below, we have mentioned some main points that are required to avail gram Suraksha scheme. People of rural India are the prime target of these schemes. These schemes help in spreading knowledge of health and life insurance to rural people. The whole aim is to secure financing and improve the health sector of rural India. As per the last data of 2017, the RPLI has over 146 lacs policies, which is massive growth in the number of people from rural Indian to get insurance.
Below, we have given the age eligibility criteria to avail the Gram Suraksha plan post office:
|Minimum age required||19 years|
|Maximum age at entry||55 years|
- The minimum age required is 19 years, whereas the maximum age at entry can be considered till 55 years.
- The minimum amount assured is ₹ 10,000, and the maximum sum assured is ₹ 10 lac.
- Policyholders can apply for the loan after completing four years.
- The policy can be surrendered after three years.
- The policyholder will not be eligible for the bonus if they surrender the policy before completing the five years.
- The policy can be converted into Endowment Assurance Policy upto 59 years of age of the policyholder, provided the date of conversion does not fall within one year of the cessation of premium payment or date of maturity.
- Policyholders can increase the premium paying age upto 55,58 or 60 years.
- If the policy is surrendered, then a proportionate bonus on the reduced sum assured will be paid.
- Last declared Bonus- ₹ 60/- per ₹ 1000 sum assured per year.
In this scheme, policyholders can revive their policy, which is also one of the main USPs of the gram Suraksha scheme. The nominee is eligible to avail of the benefits in case of the death of the policyholder.
They can avail of maturity benefits and are also allowed to take loans against their policy. The condition is that the policy needs to be 48 months old to the avail loan facility. One of the critical features of the Whole Life assurance plan RPLI is that it can be converted into endowment assurance. The RPLI gram Suraksha offers a gamut of benefits to their policyholders, including tax benefits.